3. Tétel - Family - Család

• family models (only child, large family, single-parent families)
• division of tasks within the family
• generations living together


In most families there are two children, a mother and a father. Of course, it’s difficult to tell because there are families with more than two children and many couples get divorced and the children usually stay with the mother. In some families there are three generations living together. This means that one or both the grandparents live with the family too, and they help with the housework and they also look after the children while the parents are at work.

That’s the way it goes at my father-in-law. He and my mother-in-law live together with my father-in-law’s mother, my husband’s grandmother. She’s pensioner so she cooks every day, and the others tidy up at the weekends.

My family isn’t so large: my mother, my sister and my own family: my daughter and my husband. My daughter – Eliza – is 20 month-old, she’s a tall child with curly brown hair and big blue eyes. She is very lively and slippy. She likes singing, dancing and drawing.

My husband is 30 years old, he’s a sales and marketing manager at his father’s family business. Our daughter takes after his father, so Béla has curly brown hair and blue eyes too.

I’m 27 years old and I worked as an office coordinator for a dutch multinational company. Nowadays I’m at home with Liza until he’s going to nursery school at September. I took a degree last year so I’d like to work as a HR manager. 

We live with my mother and my sister because we’re constructing in Inárcs and we’ll move there not later than June.

We share all the housework with my mother, generally she cooks, I tidy and clean and my daughter makes the mess.

Our relatives live in Miskolc and my grandmother lives in Nagyrozvágy, so we meet rarely unfortunately.